Dear Friends: Here's a little set I worked on tonight. I call it my little "storybook" squares. I made a "paper quilt" with squares cut from a large square puncher, then I cut them into one inch squares. It was fun to use them for backgrounds, but it made them seem even smaller for some reason. You know, you don't have to be crazy to try this, but it doesn't hurt, in fact, it may very well help. Count yourself among the normal if you are squinting and nodding your head right now...Oh, and check my flickr album to see the huge mosaic of squares I've made thus far. xo L.
Wow, it's been nice having this weekend to relax. Hope you all have a great week. Sit back, relax and enjoy the slideshow, learned to do this while perusing blogs this weekend! I love technology! :) I'll be back soon! xo L.
My squares obsession continues to be alive and well. Now, if only I could take that energy into some of my home projects this summer, I would be happy. Hmmm.. I'll have to think on that... speaking of summer projects, I have loads of them as always. It's been so busy this spring and there are lots of pictures waiting to be printed out, hung, etc. Plus, did I mention I have to plan a graduation party? Help my dd touch up her paint job in her room and replace linoleum in the bathroom, clean out my car, and under my bed and, and, and....ok, well, gotta go hop to it. What's on your summer list. Or are you one of those "normal" people who actually take time to vaca while dunderheads like me are patching up holes in their walls. So I'm a bit off the wall this morning.."hey, honey, you made the coffee too strong..." Oops, he just said I have the clean up task for the bathroom sink repair he just did. "I'll be right there hun!" Oh, ain't life grand! xo Lia
I've been tagged again and again and again by Gerry, Amy and Neda. Yes, it's the 7 things about you one.
Ok, let me think of 7 things for y'all to know real quick (in 7 seconds or less as I have to run). More coffee, please, somebody?? Which leads me to #1
1. I must have a cup of coffee before getting outta bed in the morning. My sweet husband brings it to me (and has done so for years, it's our routine). I like to relax, drink coffee, & dodge all his family coordination questions that I won't answer until my first cup.
2. I don't like when the phone rings early in the morning. In fact, I think it should be outlawed. So should women that say things like, "I don't know what's wrong, I just keep eating and I CAN'T gain any weight!"
3. I love books, but I still feel a little guilty when I alter them...even though I know that I'm salvaging it half the time. Books don't have feelings, neither do fish, but I used to talk to our fish like they understood what I was saying....
4. I don't like dirty computer/tv screens. I have been know to clean my daughter's while she's on it...which brings much wailing and nashing of teeth...
5. I don't like clothes shopping. I'm petite so sometimes I shop in Juniors, which I think fits me better than petites, but I still pretend that I'm looking for something for my kids. "OH, wouldn't Leni look great in this?"
6. If I could, I'd wear jeans and comfy, hippyish tshirts everyday, but sometimes I have to wear pantyhose and suit up and I hate it.
7. Even though I'm an artist, very few of my clothes have paint on them. I've always been super careful about "getting dirty", my mom said that when I was little, she couldn't tell my dirty clothes from my clean. So, I guess I'm a bit compulsive about spills and such and will go change.
Ok, friends, duty calls. Be back soon. Peace out. xo Lia