This is only a test.
Ok, so I checked in on the blog this evening after receiving some spam. Well, coincidently (I hope) I discovered my blog was all wonky. No banner. The format was all over the place. Ok, so I know typepad has been making some "changes"...hope it's that and that the spam junk I got didn't somehow hack my blog as I know it. Anyhoo, to cut the long story short, I picked one of typepads formats to set it straight as I don't have time to finagle with it right now. Anyhoo, I thought now would be a good time to share with you some of my own blog "faux pas". (Hope I spelled that right...well maybe that will be #1 on the list). Yes, it's another top 10 list...I know, what am I? David Letterman? Anyhow, here goes...
1. I am not the best speller. I used to be so good at spelling. I am also known for the longest run on sentences. I really try. I do. But I do have flashbacks of my English teacher, Mr. Conway, (who rode his bike to school every day by the way). He definitely thought I was a lost cause as far as proper english is concerned. Being bilingual doesn't help...sometimes I think in one language and write in the other. Anyhow, on to #2.
2. I'm not a good emailer. I've said this before. I know it's an excuse, but hey, like I said before, if I don't have time to write a proper hello, I wait...well minutes turn to hours and hours to days and yeah, it's almost 2009.
3. My blogroll. I don't understand what happened. At one point, whilst redesigning the blog this summer, I lost half my blogroll...Ok, so, I know I have a really long blogroll, but I think it's a great resource for links and fun and visiting and connecting...(there I go with the run on's..). Anyhow, literally, from time to time I look (I follow my blogs via bloglines, so I am not actually clicking down through each one regularly..). I have been told by readers that they like the linkage and where it takes them. I am sorry I am not good at keeping it up. I have lots more to add. It's on the blog resolution list for the new year. I am so talking to myself right now...like, who really cares...I'm rambling here...but I guess this is an end of year "cleansing" of sorts.....
4. Comments. For some reason, the way my brain works, if I'm updating regularly I'm not visiting blogs and vice versa. When I break from writing, I'm reading up on everyone like nobody's business. I can't do both at the same time. I'm wierd like that. It's like the email thing...if I don't have time to say a proper hello, I don't visit. I just can't keep up, I'd be online even more than I am already online, which should be illegal when you are a mom with four kids and there are dishes in the sink. really.
5. Tweaking blog formats. I occasionally (let's say once a week or so), "tweek" my blog, meaning rearrange stuff. I do that with my furniture too...but it's alot easier on my back when I move things on my blog...
6. Photos. My photos are really yellow-ish lately. I know I need to fix that but I haven't had time to really focus on it. This is an area I will work on "in the new year".
7. Blog emails. Ok, so I try to answer blog comments/emails as best as I can. sometimes it takes a while. Sometimes it takes a nano-second. I do get annoyed at emails about copyright. I have gotten alot lately. I don't understand if it's because people think I've violated it by cutting old magazines while having a glass of wine at night or because they want me to explain the law to them. I think discussing copyright is second to discussing the Trinity. Within 5 minutes, you are bound to be wrong... I'm not a lawyer, can't give legal advice, sorry. I will say I've researched copyright on my own extensively, hence the memorization of the phrase, "I can't give legal advice". Who the hell am I anyway, hello?
8. Blog bling. I try to keep my blog from being too busy. It's a constant struggle. I like all the banner widgets and fa-la-la, I'm in Suzi's class, come join, yeah, yeah. It's just one of those things I gotta figure out...like typepads multiple pages. Yeah, I can have more than one page. Still haven't figured out how, but it's on the list...
9. Blog etiquette. I do worry sometimes they I may offend someone by my haphazard ways. If I have ever offended, please trust me that it's not on purpose. I admit I can be a ditz. Yes, I am. I have a gagillion things going through this head of mine...kids, food, house, art, when I can do art, why I'm not more organized and better with time...why I'm so scatterbrained...the list goes on. I'm not Emily Post, ok. Ain't gonna happen. I apologize in advance..
10. Sheesh. Finally got here. Only my regular loyal readers have made it this far. It takes a strong bunch. So, last but not least, I will discuss Blog friends. YOU are the one's that keep me going, keep me writing, keep me sharing, keep me sane. YOu are the one's that have helped me carve out a place that I feel I belong, even with my shortcomings, you all make me feel I can do it. I hope the new year brings more adventures and sharing and LOVE. After all, that is what it's all about. The technical stuff can get wonky and I can be spacey, but my heart is loyal and I am thankful to call you my friends.
xoxo stay safe and warm this holiday season, Lia~